NFL Power Rankings: Week 10
Well, shit – we’re a bunch of football writers, so I guess we have to get in on the ‘NFL Power Rankings’ action. So, here we are. Your boy “Big Natural” is a major advocate of the Bill Parcells school of thinking in that ‘you are what your record says you are.’
With that in mind, my power rankings are going to be based on the body of work. I don’t care what you were supposed to do before the season started. Nor do I care what you could do in a potential matchup. I’m placing an emphasis on what teams have actually done.
NFL POWER RANKINGS: WEEK 10
1. Philadelphia Eagles – I saw nothing this week to make me change my mind about the Eagles. Namely, because the Eagles did not play this week.
2. New England Patriots – oooooo, I was so tempted to slot the Pats at number one, but like the old adage ‘no player loses their job because they’re hurt,’ (which isn’t true, by the way), I just can’t take the Eagles out of the top spot when they did nothing to warrant that this week. That’s all well and good, but I’m a tell y’all right now – if you’re putting a gun to my head, I’m picking the Patriots to win the Super Bowl again.
3. New Orleans Saints – Yeah, the Saints are the truth. I’m all in. You got Drew Brees scoring rushing touchdowns….people no one even knows of are scoring touchdowns. That defense looks good. Yeah – I’m still amazed by that, but it’s time we start talkin’ championship with this team.
4. Los Angeles Rams – Same deal as with the Saints. Probably not as good on defense and that’s why they’re #4 behind New Orleans. But, man – how about the job the most handsome coach in the NFL, Sean McVay, has done with these Rams? Simply electric.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers – Still not exactly sold on the Steelers as legit Super Bowl contenders. I’m starting to think the AFC is just a shit show this year, and Mike Tomlin’s squad is one of the beneficiaries. Still, can’t hold a 7-2 record against ’em.
6. Minnesota Vikings – I’m begrudgingly acknowledging that the Vikings are better than I thought they were by slotting ’em here at #6. That is all.
7. Kansas City Chiefs – The Chiefs just don’t look as dominant as they did to start the season. Maybe the bye week they had will help them get back on track.
8. Seattle Seahawks – The Seahawks still have their issues, but they keep winning games. Who would have thought before the season started that they’d have to win to try and keep pace with the Rams?
9. Jacksonville Jaguars – The Jags defense feels like it’s actually scoring more points than the offense. Credit to Doug Marrone for ridin’ this bitch out. Jacksonville….excuse me…Sacksonville boasts the best defense in the NFL, and if the offense gets any sort of action going, this could be a tough out in the AFC. Definitely look like the best team in the AFC South so far.
10. Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton is a weird dude, but he gets shit done. I’m going to be honest, I have no idea how the Panthers are as good as they are, but here we are.
11. Tennessee Titans – Good news for the Titans: wins count as wins, and they’ve racked up four in a row. Still, they haven’t been easy, and this team has some serious issues to sort out before they can be a real championship contender.
12. Atlanta Falcons – The Falcons got a huge much-needed win against the Cowboys this week. That should get the championship swag going, as the Dirty Birds have to keep pace in a stacked NFC South.
13. Buffalo Bills – The Bills Mafia streaker was the highlight of the week for a team that falls out of my top 10 after a hugely disappointing no-show against the Saints.
14. Detroit Lions – The Lions are hanging around, despite the Vikings starting to separate themselves in the NFC North.
15. Dallas Cowboys – The Cowboys are going to be in trouble if they can’t get a spark in the running game in Ezekiel Elliot’s absence. They were rising up the ranks before that debacle against the Falcons, but they’re still good enough to be in the hunt with Dak Prescott at the helm.
16. Washington Redskins
17. Miami Dolphins
18. Oakland Raiders
19. Green Bay Packers
20. Baltimore Ravens
21. Arizona Cardinals
22. Los Angeles Chargers
23. Cincinnati Bengals
24. Houston Texans
25. New York Jets
26. Chicago Bears
27. Denver Broncos
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
29. Indianapolis Colts
30. San Francisco 49ers
31. New York Giants
32. Cleveland Browns
WEEK 10 PLAYOFF PROJECTIONS
1. New England Patriots
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Kansas City Chiefs
4. Jacksonville Jaguars
5. Tennessee Titans
6. Buffalo Bills
1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. New Orleans Saints
3. Los Angeles Rams
4. Minnesota Vikings
5. Seattle Seahawks
6. Carolina Panthers
Week 10 Super Bowl Prediction: New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Catch y’all next week.
Stoney Keeley is the Editor in Chief of The SoBros Network. He is a strong supporter of Team GSD and #BeBetter. “Big Natural” covers the Tennessee Titans, Alabama Crimson Tide football, the WWE, and a whole wealth of nonsense. Follow on Twitter @StoneyKeeley